Activ8me is committed to providing excellent customer service and complying with the Customer Service Guarantee Standard (CSG Standard), which is monitored by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
This means that for eligible services we aim to meet certain minimum performance standards and to provide our customers with financial compensation when these are not met.
The CSG Standard covers the supply of standard fixed line telephone services including Uni-V, and VOIP services over fibre and ADSL. The CSG Standard sets out timeframes for the connection of these services, the repair of faults and for appointments.
Only voice telephony faults are covered. This means that non-voice faults such as Internet access or fax faults are not covered by the CSG Standard. In addition, enhanced call-handling features i.e. call waiting, call forwarding, call barring, calling number display, and calling number display blocking are covered by the CSG Standard.
The CSG Standard does not apply to satellite or mobile services, to customer equipment, or to customers who have more than five telephone services.
In some situations we are exempt from complying with the CSG. These situations include:
- The provision of services where the service was previously with another provider.
- Where non-compliance or delays are due to circumstances outside our control (please see mass disruptions.
- Where you have agreed to waive CSG rights and protections.
- Where an enhanced call handling feature is not available (for example, due to existing network limitations).
- Where it is necessary to withdraw the service(s) in order to maintain or upgrade a facility or network and Activ8me has given reasonable notice.
- If you fail to keep an appointment without giving at least 24 hours notice.
- If you have not co-operated or have denied access to your premises.
Full details of performance requirements and the compensation levels are available from ACMA’s website.