Natural Disaster Assistance
Activ8me recognises that many Australians are doing it tough at the moment due to the ongoing bushfire crisis. We want to do all we can to help our customers stay connected to family, friends and emergency services during this time.
We have put together the following information for Activ8me customers who have been significantly affected by natural disaster:
Who is eligible?
Activ8me residential and business customers who have been significantly affected by natural disaster.
Being significantly affected includes (but is not limited to):
- Serious injury
- Evacuation from your residence or town/city/area
- Residence has been damaged or destroyed
What are the assistance measures being offered?
Our friendly staff will review each claim on a case by case basis.
Depending on your circumstances, we may be able to offer the following:
- Credits on bill amounts
- Increased data allowance for a period of time
- Waiving late payments and/or cancellation fees
- Extended payment periods of up to 14 days longer for up to 6 months
How to make a claim for Natural Disaster Assistance
You can apply for Natural Disaster Assistance by either:
- Contacting our Finance Team on 13 22 88.
- Making a claim under our Financial Hardship Policy https://www.activ8me.net.au/policy/hardship-policy
What you need to provide to make a claim
We understand that this is a difficult time, so we’ll try to make the claims process as quick and hassle free as possible for our affected customers.
To process your claim, we may ask for the following:
- Proof of hospital admission (if injured)
- Proof of damage to your residence
If you’re having trouble getting these documents, you should still lodge a claim without delay. You can provide supporting documents to us within 28 days.
Is there a time limit for assistance?
We understand that our customers may not be able to get in contact with us straight away. As a result, we will review claims for Natural Disaster Assistance for a maximum period of 3 months from the date of the fires.