What you need to know about the NBNJanuary 13, 2015 9:52 pm
Currently under development in Australia, the National Broadband Network (NBN) is the country’s wholesale only network that aims to provide reliable and reasonable fixed line phone and Internet services to home and business owners through various providers.
The NBN is deemed to be crucial for Australians as it will pave the way for the much-needed digital evolution that would support economic and social growth in the country. The economy is expected to attract more investors as technology is improved. Apart from becoming more competitive on a global scale, businesses have more benefits to enjoy out of the superfast NBN wireless broadband.
- Better and greater business relationships – distance communication and collaboration is now very common among businesses and its members. Fast broadband makes it possible to hold video conferences with ease which means companies can cut back on travel expenses.
- 24/7 connectivity – high-speed broadband helps businesses enjoy the full benefits of cloud-based services, making it possible for employees to gain access to relevant data and work anytime, anywhere. Productivity will increase, and flexible working will be made available to more people nationwide.
- Market growth – the customer experience will be tremendously improved, more importantly where online activities are concerned. This will increase customer satisfaction and open greater opportunities for businesses to reach and attract a wider local market. Companies, with fast broadband, also have the potential to offer new products and services and make them available in the global market.
Now that you are aware of what the NBN is and how it can benefit you personally and professionally, how can you connect to the service? Follow these three simple steps to get started:
- Find out if the NBN is available at your home or business address.
- Enquire about and prepare the things you need to do to get ready for the network.
- Choose and get in touch with an NBN service provider that meets your requirements.