NBN Fixed Wireless Service Areas Go Live In Surrounding Areas Of RochesterJuly 13, 2015 5:07 am
The wait is over for 1,105 residents in the surrounding areas of Rochester as NBN Fixed Wireless internet service areas were turned on in June.
This new form of technology promises to give rural Australians access to faster and more reliable internet.
Tony Bundrock, CEO of Activ8me said consumers and regional businesses that may have had inadequate broadband services can now reap the benefits of the NBN.
“Activ8me has always worked to provide internet services for regional Australia. Activ8me is now able to service 250,000 premises in regional Australia with NBN Fixed Wireless and an additional 42,000 premises within the next 12 months. For residents currently using satellite and ADSL internet technology, NBN Fixed Wireless is a significant experience upgrade with consistency of service, fast connectivity and uncapped bandwidth packages.”
The National Broadband Network (NBN) is rapidly expanding its reach through Australia and is the cornerstone to the Government’s quest to turn Australia into a leading digital economy.
The rollout of the NBN network continues to build momentum; more than 1 million homes and businesses across Australia are already able to connect.However, despite the NBN’s high profile in the media, many consumers are still facing confusion on how to sign up to the service, who does what and how to get connected.
Residents in the surrounding areas of Rochester can find out more information on NBN Fixed Wireless service areas and plans by contacting Activ8me on 13 22 88 or visiting:
The green shaded areas on the map shows the NBN fixed wireless service areas ready for residents to connect.
For more detail on the coverage areas visit our interactive map:
There are several benefits of fixed wireless, including:
- Fixed wireless offers speeds of up to 25Mbps, which is equal to or better than urban areas with ADSL 2+ services.
- From May, NBN is piloting faster speeds of up to 50Mbps download. The pilot, which is taking place on the NBN’s Fixed Wireless long-term evolution (LTE) network features up to 50Mbps down and 20Mbps upload. Activ8me customers are taking part in the pilot with a commercial launchanticipated for late 2015.
- Better speeds and more cost effective data when compared to a mobile wireless service.
- On the faster speed plans, the whole family can be online at the same time, with reliable performance.
- VoIP (Voice over IP) services work well with fixed wireless broadband giving residents an alternative cost effective option to existing copper fixed phone lines.
A small antenna is installed on the premises to pick up the signal from a fixed wireless tower.Tags: NBN Fixed Wireless Rochester, NBN Fixed Wireless Rochester Service Areas