What is Fibre Optic Broadband?
Fibre optic internet is the next generation broadband technology delivered via fibre optic cables. Fibre optic broadband is capable of delivering superfast broadband speeds up to 8 x faster than average ADSL2+ service speeds. Unlike other broadband technologies, fibre uses a digital signal which allows it to send and receive data at a much faster and more consistent speed. The quality of connection does not degrade depending on the distance from the exchange or the number of users online.
So How Fast Is Fibre?
- Our Hypersonic 100/40Mbps flies through even the biggest downloads, you can download:
- A Full music Album (60MB) in around 10 seconds
- A TV Show (350MB) in around 45 seconds
- A Movie (1GB) in around 1 minute
- A High Definition Movie (4GB) in around 7 minutes
The simulation below shows approximately how fast you can download a full music album, TV show, movie and a high definition movie on our 100/40Mbps speed tier. Click the icon below to simulate.